The Louisiana Virtual Academic Conference is a collaboratively hosted pilot project of ACRL-LA and the LLA Academic Section. The goal of Louisiana Virtual, to be held on November 15, 2018, is to provide a more accessible way for academic librarians to share research, ideas, and best practices, while having a bit of fun along the way.
Louisiana Virtual, as you will see from the agenda, includes formal presentations, workshops, discussions, and lightning rounds. Because the opportunity to interact informally and have fun getting to know colleagues is such an important part of professional conferences, our virtual conference also includes a Commons. Pop into the Commons to join a hosted hangout session, introduce yourself, meet other attendees, and have the same sorts of conversations you might have in the hall, on a shuttle bus, or on the exhibit floor of a conference to which you traveled to attend.
Access the Louisiana Virtual Academic Conference have been sent to all registered attendees, so please check your spam filter or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are registered and did not receive the links. Not registered? You can still register for the conference through Nov. 15th by following the links below.
- Conference Registration is $25
- LLA and ACRL-LA members attend FREE as a benefit of current membership
- Library Science students - Apply for a scholarship
- Registration will remain open through November 15, 2018
- Sign in or create an account below to begin registration process.
- Links for conference access will be sent to all registered participants the week of the conference
Conference Planning Committee
Brittany O’Neill and Holly Jackson, ACRL-LA
Jennifer Hamilton and Heather Plaisance, LLA Academic Section
Celise Reech-Harper, Editor, Louisiana Libraries
Megan Lowe, Editor, CODEX
Student Scholarship Application